Nowadays there are many retail leather suppliers in the market. these suppliers usually offer discount leather hides with high quality at affordable prices. Many clothing manufacturers and other leather goods buy leather for embroidery from retail leather supply companies in markets across the country. In many cities of Iran, there are many sales centers for the supply of high quality leather, which can be used for embroidering all kinds of products. There are also wholesalers in the Iranian leather market who sell different leathers at reasonable prices and in general.
Various types of leather hides on the market
It is important to understand the various types of leather produced today and their processes when choosing the best types of leather for any application, or buying ready made leather items. This leather glossary describes the different forms of grain and its cycle in general terms. On the market various types of leather hides are as follows:
- Full Grain or Top Grain Leather – ( ” the best ” ): That is the upper layer of a hide that is cut to various thicknesses by a splitting tool. Where left as uncorrected natural grain, this outer layer will reveal natural scars and haircell patterns. The thickness at splitting and application can differ depending on the gauge collection.
- Corrected or Embossed Grain – ( ” 2nd best ” , full grain): Hides which have unnecessary scratches or wounds are further processed by “correcting” a Full Grain skin’s natural grain. This natural grain is buffed or sanded after splitting to the appropriate thickness, and replaced with an embossed grain and finished to mimic different patterns of hair cells.
- Split Suede – ( “functional and inexpensive leather hides” ): The second or lower layer of the skin remaining after the Full Grain layer has been removed is the Broken Suede and will be suede on both sides. These kinds of leathers can also come in various thicknesses depending on use. Since this is a by-product of hide tanning, it is less costly and often used in items that do not require full grain such as tool pouches, moccasins, suede shoes, etc.
- Nubuck Sueded Grain – ( “look but don’t touch – very sensitive leather”): A suede effect is given to this Full Grain skin layer by sanding the natural grain gently to open the hair cell and result in a velvety suede feel. This often corrects imperfections in the natural grain and is a sensitive effect while soft to the touch.
- Reconstituted, Bonded or Fibre Leather – ( “Recycled, particle board” ): Remains of leather and scraps from clothing and shoe factories are ground up and recycled here. In these leather forms the fiber particles are bonded into a cloth with adhesive accompanied by the application of a synthetic wood, hair-cell pattern and finish.
Wholesale price of leather Vs. Retail prices
As a whole you should know some thing about wholesale price of leather Vs. Retail price:
- WHOLESALE PRICE = (Labor + Materials) x 2 to 2.5: The x2 to 2.5 always takes the income and depreciation into account, so that you are safe. If your goods are in the premium or luxury market, you’ll be closer to 2.5. You’ll be closer to 2 because they’re mass produced. When you intend to market your goods to other retail outlets, you will also need to keep that in mind. Your retailers will typically mark up at least 2 times the wholesale price.
- RETAIL PRICE (MSRP) = To find out how your goods should be priced, download the free pricing worksheet in some internet websites-simply put in your own numbers and start with a variety of prices. Please note that if you intend to work with sales reps or distributors, you may want to make it a consideration in your pricing.
How to buy leather without any brokers?
There are some ways to buy leather without any brokers. One of the ways to register an order for synthetic and natural leather is to visit the exclusive agencies of this product in person to buy this product in bulk or in part. Another way is to visit online stores to register your order online and receive your desired product in the shortest time.
The online leather store offers the best leather produced in different cities of Iran and by launching these sites, a suitable platform for providing and receiving all kinds of products has been provided and customers and buyers can access these products and make their purchases as soon as possible. it is mentionable that wholesale leather craft supplies usually have good discount for their customers and also are in active in weaver leather supplying.